We use the following data when you conclude a contract with us:
Full name, full address, all contact details (e.g. email address and telephone number), details about the nature and scope of our contractual relationship.
Other personal data
Other personal data provided to us by you or a third party with your consent or otherwise made available to us through permissible means at the contract initiation stage, during the contractual relationship (e.g. for the purpose of issuing a guest pass) or to fulfil legal obligations: Date of birth/age, marital status, gender, occupation, ID details, bank details, signatory/representation authority, contractual obligation, termination/cancellation periods and any other personal information provided by you.
Consultation of external processors
We take the protection of your data very seriously. Even when we use Feratel/Micros as our external data processor (guest list as per Section 19 of the Austrian Reporting Ordinance, MeldeV), we ensure that all data is processed within the European Union.
You are legally required to provide us with the details stipulated in Sections 5 and Section 10 of the Austrian Reporting Law. This covers the following data: Name, date of birth, gender, nationality, home country, address including post code and, for international guests, type, number, issue date and issuing authority of a travel document as well as date of arrival and departure.
The “Arrival” and “Departure” data categories are shared with the local authority for the area in which our accommodation is located along with the data under “Home country” in accordance with Section 6 of the Tourism Statistics Regulation. We are also required to share collated data about the number of total overnight stays and the number of people required to pay tourist tax with the Ötztal Tourist Board, of which we are a member, and/or the local authority. The legal basis for this is Section 19 of the Tirol Tourist Tax Law.
Legal basis for processing data
The legal basis for processing data for the purposes specified above is Art. 6 (1) (c) of the GDPR.
Additional data transfers to tourist board/local authority
We also share your post code and year of birth (once pseudonymised/anonymised) to our local authority and our tourist board so the tourist board can compile and analyse statistics on location and age. This data is shared on the basis of Art. 6 (1) (e) (task carried out in the public interest) and (f) (overriding legitimate interests) of the GDPR. You have the right to object at any time on grounds relating to your particular situation in accordance with Art. 21 (1) of the GDPR.
You have the option of using a guest pass during your stay. The guest pass will give you a discount on local bus services. The guest pass is valid for the entire time you are staying with us.
Issuing your guest pass
A guest pass will only be issued by the accommodation provider if requested by you. Depending on the guest pass system used by your accommodation provider, the guest pass will be issued in either of these forms:
– a guest pass generated electronically or
– a copy of the registration form.
Personal data processed
When issuing an electronically generated guest pass, the following personal data will be processed, having been collected with the reporting data (refer back to the section on reporting requirements): Full name, date of birth, home country/post code and length of stay (date of arrival and departure).
If your registration form is being used as your guest pass, the data it contains will correspond to Sections 5 and 9 of the Austrian Reporting Law (refer back to the section on reporting requirements). In this case, your data will not be processed electronically for the purposes of issuing your guest pass. The data required for your guest pass is not processed by the tourist board or the local bus service provider.
Legal basis for processing data
The legal basis for processing your data for the purpose of issuing your guest card is your consent (Art. 6 (1) (a) of the GDPR). You can withdraw your consent verbally at any time by speaking to your accommodation provider.
To take advantage of the discounts associated with your guest pass, you will have to show the bus driver your guest pass. Since your guest pass contains your data, you will be required to disclose it to the bus driver yourself. The bus driver looks at the guest pass to check that it is still valid.
FURTHER DATA PROCESSING
Collection, processing and utilisation of personal data
Personal data is only collected when you disclose it to us of your own accord (e.g. by subscribing to our newsletter, sending an enquiry through our website or making an online booking). Beyond this, no personal data is collected.
Personal data which you transmit electronically on this website, such as your name, email address, address or other personal information, will only be used by us for the purpose indicated, stored securely and not passed on to third parties. The provider automatically collects and stores information on the web server, such as the browser used, operating system, link page, IP address and time of access. This data cannot be associated with any specific individual without checking additional data sources and we do not analyse this data as long as no unlawful use of our website has occurred.
The EU General Data Protection Regulation, the Data Protection Act 2000 as well as the Data Protection Amendment Act 2018 serve to safeguard the right to protect personal data. We process your data exclusively on basis of the legal requirements (GDPR, DSG (Data Protection Act) 2018, TKG (Telecommunications Act) 2003).
It is a matter of great concern to us to protect and securely store all personal data you entrust us with. In this privacv policy, you will learn more about how we use and process your personal data.
Purpose limitation, legal basis, storage duration and data recipients
- We require the personal data we collect for contractual performance, settlement, assertion of contractual claims, customer service and advertising purposes. Data is collected, stored, processed and used for these purposes.
- The legal basis for processing your personal data iscontractual performance, legitimate interests, performance of our legal and/or contractual obligations as well as your consent (e.g. contact form, newsletter, online booking, cookies). The consequences of not providing this data vary.
- We process your personal data, to the extent required, for the duration of the entire business relationship (from the initiation and processing all the way to termination of a contract) and even beyond that in accordance with the legal storage and documentation obligations, which result from the Austrian Commercial Code (UGB) and the Federal Fiscal Code (BAO), as well as until the conclusion of any legal disputes, ongoing warranty periods, etc.
- Your details, including personal data from our contact form, are transmitted to us through our own mail server, processed and stored at our company for the purpose of processing your enquiry. This data will not be collected or shared without your consent. Without this data, we cannot process your enquiries.
- Data processing takes place based on the legal requirements in Section 96 (3) of the TKG as well as Art. 6 (1) (a) (consent) of the GDPR.
- You can subscribe to our newsletter on our website using the double opt-in method. After subscribing, you will receive an email asking you to confirm your subscription. Without disclosure of this data, we will not be able to send our newsletter to you. You can unsubscribe from the newsletter by clicking on the Unsubscribe link at the end of every newsletter.
- We commission data processing companies to mail our newsletter. They are under obligation by us to observe the applicable data privacy laws. A data processing contract pursuant to Art. 28 of the GDPR has been concluded. More details about the data processing companies commissioned by us can be requested at www.mailchimp.com.
- Data processing takes place based on the legal requirements in Section 96 (3) of the TKG as well as Art. 6 (1) (a) (consent) of the GDPR
- Cookies, other tracking technologies and features of the web analysis service Google Analytics (read below for more information on this) may be used on our internet platform in various ways.
- Cookies are small text files which make it possible to recognise the user and analyse their use of our website. The information generated through this will be transmitted to the server of the provider and stored there. It serves to make our internet presence more user-friendly, effective and secure. Furthermore, cookies are used to measure the frequency of site views and for general navigation.
- Your IP address will be recorded, but immediately pseudonymised. This will only allow your rough location to be identified.
- Data processing takes place based on the legal requirements in Section 96 (3) of the TKG as well as Art. 6 of the GDPR (in particular consent). As the privacy of our users is important to us, the user data will be pseudonymised.
Use of Google Tag Manager
This website uses Google Tag Manager. Google Tag Manager is a solution that enables marketers to manage site tags through a single interface. The Tag Manager tool itself (which implements the tags) is a cookie-less domain and does not collect personally identifiable information. The tool triggers other tags, which may collect data. Google Tag Manager does not access this data. If disabled at the domain or cookie level, it will remain in effect for all tracking tags implemented with Google Tag Manager.
Click here to opt out of data collection by Google Tag Manager,
Use of Google Analytics
Our website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service from Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043 USA, hereinafter referred to as “Google“. Google Analytics employs so-called “cookies“, text files that are stored to your computer in order to facilitate an analysis of your use of the site. The information generated by these cookies about your use of our website, including your IP address, is transmitted to a Google server in the US and stored there. Google uses this information to evaluate your usage of our site, to compile reports on website activity for us, and to provide other services related to website- and internet usage.
Google may also transfer this information to third parties if this is required by law or to the extent this data is processed by third parties on Google’s behalf. Google states that it will never associate your IP address with other data held by Google. You can prevent cookies from being installed by adjusting the settings on your browser software accordingly. You should be aware, however, that by doing so you may not be able to make full use of all the functions of our website. By using this website, you confirm that you agree to Google processing any of your personal data it collects as described above and for the purpose described above.
Google also offers a disabling option for the most common browsers, thus providing you with greater control over the data which is collected and processed by Google. If you enable this option, no information regarding your website visit (including your IP address) is transmitted to Google Analytics. For more information about the disabling option provided by Google and how to enable this option, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
We would like to point out that this website uses Google Analytics with the extension “_anonymizeIp ()” and therefore IP addresses are always shortened before being processed so it is not possible for them to be linked to an identifiable data subject.
You can prevent the collection by Google Analytics by clicking on the following link. An opt-out cookie is set, which prevents the future collection of your data when visiting this website:Disable Google Analytics
Use of Google Maps
We use the “Google Maps” component of Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA, hereinafter “Google”. Google sets a cookie in order to process the user configuration and data when the page with the integrated “Google Maps” component is displayed. As a general rule, this cookie is not deleted by closing the browser. Instead, it expires after a certain time if it is not manually deleted by you sooner. If you do not agree with this processing of your data, you may choose to deactivate the “Google Maps” service and thereby prevent the transfer of data to Google.
Use of Facebook Plugin
We use plug-ins for the social network Facebook (Facebook Inc., 1601 South California Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA) on our website. You can identify the Facebook plug-ins on our website through the Facebook logo or the Like” button. When visiting a page on our website, the plug-in establishes a direct connection between your browser and the Facebook server. This informs Facebook that you have visited our website with your IP address.
Unless you have your personal account while visiting our site are logged into Facebook, it can visit the site to associate with this account. By interacting with plug-ins, for example by clicking the “Like” button or leave a comment, this relevant information is directly transmitted to Facebook and stored there. If you want to prevent data transmission, you must log out before you visit our website under your Facebook account. To understand the purpose and scope of data collection by Facebook, and to see the local processing and use of your data as well as your rights in this respect, and settings options for protecting your privacy please refer to the privacy notices of Facebook.
Use of Twitter Plugin
We have integrated Twitter functions on our website. These features are offered by Twitter Inc., 795 Folsom St., Suite 600, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA. By using Twitter and the “Re-tweet” function, the web pages you visit are linked to your Twitter account and made known to other users. These data are also transmitted to Twitter. We point out that we, as providers of the sites, have no knowledge about the content of the transmitted data and their usage through Twitter. For more information, please refer to the data protection declaration of Twitter at twitter.com/privacy. You can change your privacy settings at Twitter in the account settings at twitter.com/account/settings.
Use of YouTube Plugin
On our website we use components (videos) of YouTube, LLC 901 Cherry Ave., 94066 San Bruno, CA, USA, a company belonging to Google Inc., Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. To this end, we use the “ – enhanced data protection mode – ” option provided by YouTube. When you display a page that has an embedded video, a connection will be made to the YouTube server and the content will appear on the website via a communication to your browser. According to the information provided by YouTube, in “ – enhanced data protection mode -”, data is only transferred to the YouTube server, in particular which of our websites you have visited, if you watch the video. If you are logged onto YouTube at the same time, this information will be matched to your YouTube member account.
You can prevent this from happening by logging out of your member account before visiting our website. Further information about data protection by YouTube is provided by Google under the following link: https://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy/
Use of Instagram Plugin
We promote the service Instagram on our website. Instagram is a service of Instagram Inc. By means of the integrated “Insta” button on our page, Instagram receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding page of our website. If you are logged into Instagram, Instagram may assign the visit to our site to your Instagram account and link the data by this means. The data transmitted by clicking the “Insta” button is stored by Instagram. You can find more information regarding the purpose and scope of data collection, its processing and use, as well as your related rights and settings options for protecting your privacy in the Instagram data protection notice under help.instagram.com/155833707900388. To prevent your visit to our site from being accessed by your Instagram account, you must log out of your Instagram account before visiting our site.
The Moss uses technical and organisational safety measures in order to protect the stored personal details against random or deliberate manipulation, loss or destruction and against access by unauthorised persons. Our safety measures are continuously improved by keeping up with the technological progress.
Consent and right of revocation
- If your consent is required for processing your data, we will only process them after having received your express consent.
- As a matter of principle, we do not process the data of minors and are also not authorised to do this. By giving your consent you also confirm that you are 15 years of age or have the approval of your legal guardian.
- You can revoke your consent at any time to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org . In such a case, the data related to you which has been stored so far will be anonymized and in further consequence only used for statistical purposes without personal reference. By revoking the consent, the legality of the processing carried out based on the consent until the time of revocation will not be affected.
Your rights – Right to information
You have the right to receive information regarding the data stored about you, their origin and recipients as well as the purpose of storage at any time.
- You have the right to information at any time on part of the responsible party regarding the personal details in question. Provided that no legal duty to preserve records exists, you have the right to deletion of these data as well as objecting to their processing. Furthermore, you have the right to correction of the data as well as restriction of the processing, to data portability and to file a complaint with the Austrian data protection authority (Wickenburggasse 8-10, 1080 Vienna, Email: email@example.com).
- With regard to your rights, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or write to:
Matra Hotels GmbH, The Moss, Schlossweg 4, A-6456 Obergurgl Ötztal – Tirol – Austria
Further information and contacts